* If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
* Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
* Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
* The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning “the best or nothing”.
* The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
* The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
* Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
* The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
* Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
* The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for ‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in criminal proceedings).
* Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
* The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
* The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
* Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
* The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
* Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
* Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
* When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
* When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
* The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.
* Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.
* It cost R 51 000 000 to build the Titanic and R 1464 000 000 to make a film about it.
* The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
* There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
* The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
* It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
* Most soccer players run 11km in a game.
* The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
* Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.
* In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it
* Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
* The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
* Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
* The average person laughs 13 times a day.
* Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are:Mizaru(See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no evil), and Mazaru(Speak no evil)
* Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
* German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
* Large kangaroos cover more than 9 meters with each jump.
* Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
* Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all 2000 of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
* If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
* The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 9 meter!!
* Kangaroos can not walk backwards.
* According to a recent survey, more than half of British adults have had sex in a public place!
* Most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain human life.
* Nachos is the food most craved by pregnant women.
* Each year, 24,000 Americans are bitten by rats!
* Most dreams last only 5 to 20 minutes.
* The hair of an adult man or woman can stretch 25 percent of its length without breaking.
* On average, the life span of an American dollar bill is 18 months.
* Non-dairy creamer is flammable.
* The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com.
* Americans collectively eat 50kg of chocolate every second.
* U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with Vaseline.
* When a giraffe’s baby is born it falls from a height of 1.8 m, normally without being hurt.
* Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
* The creator of the NIKE Swoosh symbol was paid only R256 for the design.
* How does a shark find fish? It can hear their hearts beating.
* Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water.
* In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined!
* During WWII, because a lot of players were called to duty, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles combined to become The Steagles.
* Nearly 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong account over the next hour.
* More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
* There are more fatal car accidents in July than any other month.
* There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
* Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
* Washington, D.C. has one lawyer for every 19 residents!
* Avocados have more protein than any other fruit.
* The average car produces 0.5kg of pollution every 40km!
* Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.
* In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die!
* The most powerful electric eel is found in the rivers of Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, and Peru, and produces a shock of 400-650 volts.
* If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
* Antarctica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country.
* In India, people are legally allowed to marry a dog!
* You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark.
* Half of all identity thieves are either relatives, friends, or neighbors of their victims.
* One in three male motorists picks their nose while driving.